December 31, 2014

Deck the Halls!

This holiday season was such a special one as we celebrated our first Christmas in our new home and also got to wake up in our own home for the first time since being married. From dinner parties to decorations to Christmas Eve and Christmas morning we filled this home with so many fun memories and had fun creating new traditions along the way. So here's a look at how we decorated our space for the holiday season! 

We lived in a condo in Charleston so this is the first year we had an outside space to decorate! We had fun deciding what to do with the space and working together to get everything hung up! We did wreaths on the windows with some simple garland along the porch. Then we opted for one large wreath on the side of the house that you can see as you are coming down our road. 
I just loved pulling up to this scene every night and was admittedly a little sad to take it all down.
My aunt graciously gifted us this ENTIRE Snow Village collection this year. Snow Village was a long standing tradition in my family growing up with my two aunts, my mom, and my grandmother collecting pieces every birthday and Christmas for years. So when I saw the two built-in bookcases in our new house I knew they would be the perfect spot to start my own collection. Little did I know that my aunt had closets full of pieces that she doesn't use anymore because she no longer has the space for it. She saw that I had Snow Village on my Christmas list and offered for me to come over and take as many pieces of hers as I wanted that she's no longer using. Wow! Not only would I be gaining an entire collection at once, but more than that they would be so meaningful passed down from family. I will treasure them forever! I had so much fun looking through her collection and picking out pieces for our own home, and, even though he would never admit it, I think Adam even got in on the fun a little bit when we started setting up all the little the scenes in our house. They are beautiful hand-painted pieces that together create the most beautiful village complete with houses, churches, downtown shops, a library, a high school, a hospital, and more! I just love the way they look on our bookcases and could stare at them for hours!
Hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment