February 19, 2015

Beatrice W. L. Passat: 2002-2015

I dont know how normal this is.. actually I'm pretty sure this is totally NOT normal.. but this is my #realreel and around here our cars become members of the family. I'm talking names, personalities, and relationships. When they need gas they're "hungry", when they get tires they've gotten "new shoes", when we have to take them to the shop they're "at the doctors office", and when they get a car wash, they've "taken a bath". Just pretend I'm normal.
My sweet, sweet Beatrice. We've been a team for 10 years, me and Beatrice. She came with me to high school, college, and dental school. She came with me to the first job I ever had at Mr. Dipps Sandwich Shop when I was 15 and then to my first real, big girl job just 8 months ago. 

One of her proudest moments was when she accompanied us half-way across the country to Austin, TX! She had so much fun exploring and visiting all the different states along the way!
So proud of my girl after she got us safely back home after that trip! ;) 

She came with me on my big move to Charleston, SC where we both explored and learned our new city together. She also quickly learned the road home and drove it so many times that I think if you turned her on she could drive to Charleston and back by herself. 

Unfortunately, all the trips back and forth to Charleston really aged her and she has been deteriorating quickly in recent months. Last weekend she was carted off in an ambulance and has been in critical condition ever since. 
We've received word that her injuries are extensive and have decided to sign a Do Not Resuscitate order. We said our final goodbyes before she was taken away to be cremated. 
Although we are sad to see her go, we know that in her elderly state she was no longer able to provide us with the comfort, safety, and reliability she was once so proud to offer.  We look forward to the next chapter and finding a new addition for our family!

Thanks for the rides and the memories Beatrice! We will miss you!

Beatrice W. L. Passat
2002-2015

B. Passat, 13, of Easley, South Carolina, passed away Wednesday, February 18, 2015 following a sickness that could not be overcome in her old age.  

Born in Spartanburg County, she was the daughter of the late Volkwagen models. She is preceded by her sisters Perry W. Passat and Allie W. Audi. Surviving is the love of her life, Walter, of the home, and friends Elvis, Lenny, Streak, and Bernie.

She is best remembered for her loyalty to her family and friends and her resilience during long trips. She was an avid Clemson fan and proudly displayed her Clemson stickers and tags.  She was a member of First Baptist Church where she got great joy from listening to the church bells from the parking lot each Sunday.

Services will be held at an undisclosed salvage yard in Greenville, South Carolina where she will rest in peace.  The family will receive friends  preceding the service.  She was NOT an organ donor.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Beatrice Passat Replacement Fund. 

No comments:

Post a Comment